First Nation leaders in Canada have long recognized the importance of economic / business development / individual entrepreneurship as being large pieces of a very complicated puzzle; a puzzle that has remained unsolved for many generations. There are many reasons why economies are non-existent in too many First Nation communities across Canada, including:
The diversity of Canada’s First Peoples is immense. In 2019, there were 634 individual recognized First Nation communities in Canada. Of these 600+ First Nations, many can be considered advanced (i.e. strong economies, healthy communities). Many have taken steps to move away from Canada’s Indian Act through negotiation of treaties; ratification of land codes and customizing their election processes. Indigenous Insight brings significant experience to the monitoring of economic activity within traditional territories and leveraging opportunity at the table.
ABM Without Borders are intensive online connector events designed to accelerate business, especially in times of social distancing. Facilitated by ABM’s custom software, they offer ten curated 20-minute online appointments over the course of four hours. These pre-scheduled business development appointments are a forward-looking and efficient way to engage one-on-one with key decision makers otherwise not accessible. With national and international reach, ABM Without Borders catapults members into a diverse environment of ideas, shared knowledge and opportunities.
Each ABM Without Borders is curated according to a specific business focus from project activity in a certain area to opportunities in a specific business sector. These focuses are determined by members of the ABM Network that come to the table with distinct interests and priorities, which we then use to curate an event.
While these events are scheduled for a specific date, they are much more flexible than the ABM Classics and, because of how focused they are, our curation process is even more intensive. This means that depending on who registers, and what factors allow everyone to operate at the top of their game, these dates are re-negotiated among the participants to achieve maximum results. We are in close contact with all of our actively business matching ABM Members and once you are registered, you become part of a dynamic and focused group of key decision makers with aligning business interests. You are productively engaged throughout the entire preparation and business development process and we work with you to ensure you move your goals forward.
Next ABM Uncensored Online session:
- November 9, 2020 from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm
- December 7, 2020 (time TBD)
More ABM Uncensored Online content coming soon.
Trusts and Investments for and by Indigenous People –November 4
Supply Chain Opportunities in Mining – November 10
The US Canada Connect – Part 1 of 2 – November 12
Business Opportunities in Reclamation – November 17
Business Opportunities in Cannabis – November 24
Prepare for Imminent Universal Broadband Fund Announcement – November 26
Business Opportunities in Construction – December 1
Services, Products and Partnerships to Align Community with Economic Development – December 8
Fuel, Gas Stations and Services – Thursday, December 10
The US Canada Connect – Part 2 of 2 January 12 (in partnership with The Four Cups)
Buy Indigenous – Tuesday, January 19,
Land Use Planning, Land Development and Real Estate –January 26
Business Opportunities in the Healthcare Industry – February 9
- BC Economic Developers Association March 8, 2020 in Kelowna, BC
- Indigenous Prosperity Gathering in Victoria, BC November 12, 2019
- ABM Alberta Uncensored in Calgary, AB October 21, 2019
- ABM East Uncensored in Toronto, ON August 26, 2019
- ABM Ontario North in Thunder Bay, ON June 10, 2019
- ABM West Uncensored May 13, 2019 in Penticton, BC
- Navajo Nation Economic Summit Uncensored April 22, 2019 in Flagstaff, AZ
- 2018 ABM Uncensored (Vancouver Island, West, East, Alberta, Lower Mainland)
- 2018 Vancouver Island Construction Association (Victoria, BC)
- 2017 Vancouver Island Economic Alliance Summit (Nanaimo, BC)
- 2017 ABM Uncensored (BC, AB, SK, ON)
- 2014 Yorkton & Battlefords Agency Tribal Councils (ABM prep)
- 2013 Saskatchewan Economic Development Association
- 2013 Manufactured Housing Association of BC AGM
- 2011 Canadian Energy Forum (Energy - 'A Platform for BC Trade at Home and Abroad')
- 2005 Federation of Canadian Municipalities 'Additions to Reserve: Opportunities and Challenges for First Nations and Municipal Governments' Winnipeg, MB
- 2002 Powell River Chamber of Commerce. Powell River, BC
- 2000 Snuneymuxw First Nation. 'Economic & Forest Management Workshop.' Nanaimo, BC